Today, HDPE pipes have become a basic need since they are manufactured to handle present-day challenges in recent growth. Yet, due to a critical need to keep production prices down and keep up the performance, quality, and efficiency, HDPE pipes have turned into the best-chosen material for almost any project. As the demand for HDPE pipes in agriculture, water, gas and various industries increases, HDPE usage is on the surge and is expected to keep rising.
What is HDPE?
HDPE, or high-density polyethene, is a kind of thermoplastic material. It is formed of hydrogen and carbon atoms that are connected to generate methane gas, which is afterwards changed into ethylene, and with the use of pressure and heat, it gets converted into polyethene. There are numerous HDPE pipe dealers and manufacturers worldwide, but you must find one that is trustworthy and helps gain huge benefits.
Different Types of HDPE Pipes
Based on the highest-pressure withstanding ability, HDPE pipes are categorized into several pressure grades called PN grades. They are:
- PN 2.5 – maximum pressure capability (2.5 bar)
- PN 4 – maximum pressure capability (4 bar)
- PN 6 – maximum pressure capability (6 bar)
- PN 10 – maximum pressure capability (10 bar)
- PN 16 – maximum pressure capability (16 bar)
- PN 20 – maximum pressure capability (20 bar)
- PN 25 – maximum pressure capability (25 bar)
Also, based on the type of HDPE pipe material, these pipes are classified into the following types:
- PE 63 (used as medium pressure piping systems)
- PE 80 – gas pipe, drinking water pipe, sewers, outfall pipes, and industrial piping system
- PE 100 – huge demand pipe usage
The numbers indicated after PE show the minimum needed durability in Bar at 200 C for fifty years life range equivalent to ISO-4427. The density of HDPE pipes can vary from 930 to 970 kg/m3. Even though HDPE’s density is only slightly higher than low-density polyethylene, HDPE involves small branching, offering it more powerful inter-molecular forces and extensible force than LDPE.
Uses and Advantages of HDPE Pipes
HDPE Pipes and fittings are securely employed in different projects with increased strength and quality. The key usage areas include:
HDPE pipes are used in cold water network systems and house affinities. They offer ducting for AC and refrigeration.
These pipes are used in service pipes, water mains, and sewer network systems. They are also utilized for making ducts for cables in electrical facilities.
Because of the strong wall of HDPE pipes, they are utilized for spraying in water supply systems and traction lines. HDPE agriculture pipes are unsusceptible to soil erosion and salty water making them ideal for irrigation and drainage applications.
These pipes are used well in both surface and below-the-ground operations and slurries. They are utilized in conveying liquids and chemicals and mine and pit dewatering in general mining operations.
The industrial HDPE pipes are utilized in house sewage systems for sewer drainage control and water cleansing in sanitary processes. In the petrochemical industry, these pipes are used to transport most chemicals and potable water.
Marine or Aquaculture
The use of HDPE pipes is in supply lines and floats. They can remove a large quantity of cold water from big water bodies. These pipes also enable trenchless technology that leads to the rehabilitation of present pipelines with minimum disturbance to the surface.
Advantages of HDPE Pipes
Tough and Powerful:
The HDPE pipes bring high effect resistance and also hold off dynamic and static pressure. These pipes do not break in freezing situations and bear rough dealing and traffic burdens.
HDPE is non-toxic, incurring to its property of being inactive and non-toxic. That is why HDPE is used for potable water transportation.
Corrosion Proof :
HDPE ducts and pipes are used quickly for underground setups. The reason is that the pipes are electrolytic and galvanic corrosion-proof.
Laid-back to Chemicals:
HDPE pipes bring superior resistance to chemicals that make them suitable for dealing with corrosive alkalis and acids. As these pipes are totally neutral to chemicals, they are used extensively in chemical plants.
HDPE pipes are many times lighter than traditional pipes. That is why their conveyance and set-up are worthwhile and easy.
The HDPE ducts and pipes possess smooth outer and inner surfaces, thus letting small frictional impedance to liquid flow. Likewise, HDPE readily allows firm particles to flow together with the liquids in the pipes.
One of the critical elements of HDPE ducts and pipes is that they are very stretchy and bend simply without breaking. This main feature of HDPE pipes permits extended lengths of small-diameter pipes to be elated in the type of coils.
Incurring HDPE agility, the transportation, set-up process and handling become simple. Similarly, HDPE pipes don’t require heavy machinery to shift them.
Increased Electrical Resistance:
HDPE pipes are broadly used as electrical lines because their dielectric power is high. Also, no abandoned electrical currents may be moved from outside.
HDPE pipes have a moderate life of over fifty years if used at regular working temperature and pressure. As against traditional pipes like GI, PVC, cement, steel, etc., they have only some years of life.
How to Choose the Best HDPE Pipe Supplier?
- The pipe supplier must be well associated with the infrastructure niche. If they know the market, they will understand the best products to deliver to you. This can be quickly set up with an email, a few important questions, or a speedy phone call.
- The supplier generally offers orders in bulk quantity. This signifies they are utilized for huge volume productivity, and you can depend on their top times and your increased demand.
- The supplier should possess a good track record. An organization that is proud of itself in service includes a reduced chance of providing low-grade products.
- Choose a dealer that is best in the growth, study and manufacturing of HDPE and feasibly same plastic materials such as PPR, PVC, PP, PEX etc. But, be cautious of a supplier that claims to be a sole provider.
- The supplier is considerably easygoing on the cost. More quantity is equivalent to the discounted cost. Most individuals do not like price bustling for a price. Thus, a supplier that stays to the point is a good indication. It is pretty easy to assure extremely reduced prices than the competitors, but purchasing cheap quality for the benefit of buying cheap involves increasing risk than reward.
HDPE pipes are in big demand due to their flexible material that fulfills the expectations of all the water sources crossways the nation. Selecting HDPE pipes for agriculture, industrial and housing water needs becomes an imperative decision that can have a lasting effect on any industrial project or on agricultural land. Buying HDPE pipes from trustworthy HDPE pipe dealers and manufacturers absolutely helps to get the most favourable advantages of HDPE pipes. We hope this post will be useful for you in getting quick knowledge about HDPE pipes. So, if you wish to get a quotation regarding your water piping requirements, feel free to contact us.