The plumbing system of a commercial building or a residential property is responsible for the supply of clean water for proper usage. Typically, a plumbing system features a comprehensive range of hardware units like pipes, fittings, joints, valves, faucets, and so more for connecting fixtures. If you wish to be assured of the best outcomes, you can choose top-grade pipe fittings online from reliable manufacturers.
In several instances, you might feel that plumbing systems installed in your house or building needs repair or replacement services. Or, there can be instances wherein your plumbing system might experience a significant leakage or the fittings might have completely worn out. Whatever might be the case, you can look for a reliable range of premium-class plumbing fittings online from reputed suppliers.
Conventionally, people used to prefer buying pipes and fittings from brick-and-mortar hardware stores. With a traditional plumbing or hardware store, you can be assured of what you are paying for. However, you are also expected to do ample research and explore different places to come across the right pipe fittings. In such a scenario, PVC pipe fittings online or other pipes & fittings online can be a convenient, cost-effective choice.
Pipe Fittings Buying Guide
When you wish to purchase pipe fittings online, you can come across an extensive variety in terms of plumbing pipes and fittings. Due to immense variety, it becomes slightly intimidating to find the right pipe fittings for your household or building.
Pipe fittings are available in a myriad of sizes, shapes, colors, and material options. Pipes and pipe fittings are produced out of different material options for the transportation of different types of fluids and solids. If you choose the wrong pipe fittings, it could lead to specific problems like leaks, additional costs, and unwanted flow restrictions.
When you choose the right pipes and fittings, you can allow the equipment to execute its intended work. Some of the common pipe fittings in the plumbing industry are plugs, bulkhead fittings, adapters, flexible couplings, flanges, reducing tees, and so more. You should, therefore, aim at selecting the right pipe fitting for your plumbing application amongst the wide variety offered.
Some of the common considerations for buying the right pipe fittings are:
#Type of Connection
Pipe fittings are linked to pipes with the help of multiple connection methods -each delivering unique functionalities and benefits. Some of the common variations of pipe fittings with respect to the type of connections are:
- Compression Fittings: These are fittings responsible for connecting pipes with the help of compression with the help of a ferrule, ring, or a gasket. The compression is designed by tightening a nut on the fitting over the ferrule and piping. It helps in compressing and securing the piping inside. Standard compression pipe fittings usually do not require any specific tools to assemble. This makes these fittings quick and simple for the ease of installation. Still, they are not capable of withstanding immense pressures and lack ample flexibility.
- End Fittings: These provide specific surfaces for the connection of pipes -including clamp ends and plain ends. Clamp ends enable pipes to be effectively clamped to the respective connection. Plain ends allow pipes to be connected with the help of solder, adhesives, welding, and other methods.
- Flange Fittings: These are rims, ribs, edges, or collars featuring flush surfaces that are perpendicular to the linked pipe. These surfaces are sealed and joined with the help of bolts, clamps, brazing, and threading.
- Threaded Fittings: These feature screw heads or built-in grooves on the outer or inner surfaces. These are designed to accept piping connections with matching threads.
There is a huge spectrum of pipe fittings installed within piping or plumbing systems performing different functions. Most pipe fittings are grouped into specific categories like:
- Adapter: responsible for connecting two dissimilar pipes with the help of threading, soldering, or welding.
- Coupling: Responsible for connecting two similar pipes with the help of threading, soldering, or solvent welding.
- Sleeve: Connecting two pipes with the help of mechanical fasteners like anchors or screws. Installation of these units are usually quicker and simpler.
- Union: Help in disconnecting couplings without the need for coupling.
- Cap: Responsible for covering the pipe’s end or attaching to the male connection with the help of a solvent, thread, or solder.
There are several more variations in terms of functionalities -including elbow, tee, wye, plug, reducers, and so more.
Once you have determined the type of pipe fitting, another crucial aspect to consider is the sizing. Proper sizing is pivotal to ensuring successful fitting selection. It is because undersized or oversized parts will either be totally incompatible or will connect or seal improperly.
Size of pipe fittings are usually provided in mm or millimeters or inches. It would ultimately depend on the existing measurement system. It is required that proper sizing should be used for selecting a pipe fitting that is compatible with assembly or equipment that is fitted.
The common materials for pipe fittings are usually selected in conjunction with the material of the piping system. Selection of the material for pipe fittings online will depend on specific factors like flexibility, cost, media, expected pressure ratings, and environment conditions.
Material choices with respect to pipe fittings are available in either metal or plastic. Some of the common material options for metal pipe fittings are:
- Stainless Steel: These appear quite neat, but can be slightly more expensive than their counterparts. A stainless steel pipe can be used in areas that are prone to corrosion -usually in coastal areas. The given type of piping material is both rigid as well as flexible. Moreover, they will require proper couplings to be linked to other types of pipe fittings. You can come across stainless steel pipe fittings in various options for sizes, shapes, and polishes.
- Aluminum: These are corrosion-resistant and flexible. Aluminum is also lightweight and most commonly utilized for plumbing applications. It is regarded as the perfect material for ensuring top-grade aluminum piping. By nature, aluminum features a low tensile strength. Therefore, it is commonly utilized in applications of high corrosion resistance. It is usually alloyed with other metals including zinc, manganese, silicone, and copper to improve the overall strength and hardness.
- Copper: It is known for its corrosion-resistance and excellent conductivity. Copper pipe fittings are useful in a wide range of plumbing as well as heating applications. These are commonly used for residential water supply lines.
- Cast Iron: It is famous for greater abrasion-resistance and strength. Cast iron pipes and fittings are used for multiple purposes like construction for waste, sanitary, vent piping, and storm drain applications. It is because of their overall resistance to abrasive materials like debris, solid wastes, gravel, and sand.
In terms of plastic pipe fittings, some of the variations are:
- PVC or Polyvinyl Chloride: It is a common plastic pipe fitting for multiple applications. PVC is a rigid type of plastic available in a wide range of pressure ratings. These fittings are connected with the help of solvent welding or threading. Some of the common applications are cold water drainage and supply.
- PE or Polyethylene: It is one of the most preferred plastic pipe fittings that is widely used for cold and hot temperature applications. These fittings are commonly used for sprinkler systems to supply lines, geothermal heating loops, and so more.
- Nylon: These are plastic fittings that come with higher corrosion and chemical resistance. It is a preferred type of plastic material for applications that involve potable water, chemical solvents, and flammable liquids.
- PP or Polypropylene: It is a thermoplastic material that features amazing cold flow, elongation properties, and bi-axial strength. It is similar to PVC material and can be utilized in exposed applications due to its resistance to weathering, ozone, and UV.
The right pressure ratings and temperature specifications are required for ensuring the right operating conditions of pipe fittings.
- Operating Pressure Range: It is the working range of varying pressures or the overall pressure ratings at which the specific pipe fitting was made to operate. It is usually measured in psi or pounds per square inch. When pipes operate below or above the given range, it could make the pipe fitting fail in its operation.
- Operating Temperature Range: It refers to the working range of different temperatures or the respective temperature ratings at which the particular pipe fitting was made to operate. It is usually measures in Degree Celsius or Degree Fahrenheit. When pipe fittings operate below or above the given range, the application might fail.
Pros & Cons of Plumbing Supplies Online
If you wish to be assured of the best plumbing supplies or pipe fittings online, you should only trust reputed suppliers or manufacturers like Topline Industries -a leading online manufacturer and supplier of world-class pipes, fittings, and tanks online.
Some of the benefits of buying PVC pipe fittings online or other plumbing fittings online are:
- One of the major benefits of buying plumbing fittings online is that you get to save a lot of time and effort. Otherwise, you need to visit a conventional brick-and-mortar store exclusively and explore multiple options to choose the right one for your application.
- When you opt for online shopping, some of the technical details like measurements, specifications, dimensions, sizes, and others can be easily understood by going through the particular product. On the other hand, an offline store might not be able to provide you with in-depth details.
- With online shopping, you can be assured of the overall convenience of getting the desired items -right from the comfort of your home. If you are not able to leave your home due to some reason or need urgent plumbing supplies, you can buy plumbing fittings online from a reputed website like Topline Industries.
- If you are on a specific shopping budget or looking for fancy discounts, you can search for reliable online retailers offering lucrative discounts or offers for different plumbing supplies. With online shopping, you can rest assured of getting access to better prices.
- With online shopping, you also get access to a huge variety of plumbing supplies or pipe fittings online. Based on your preferences and applications, you can choose from a wide range of products fit for your purpose.
While there are several benefits of online shopping for pipe fittings, there can be demerits as well. Some are:
- You might feel the lack of sales assistance with online shopping.
- There can be a chance of buying a defective product online.
- There is no scope of bargaining in online shopping.
In the modern digital era, you can opt for pipe fittings online shopping from reliable suppliers to get the best-ever experience.
Topline is Famous for Manufacturing Pipes & Fittings in India
If you are in search of the best pipes and fittings online, you can trust Topline Industries with its extensive collection of pipes, fittings, and tanks online.